Bellerin tops Barcelona's shortlist as defensive overhaul begins

The Spanish champions have sounded out the 21-year-old Arsenal defender over his availability but the Gunners have no plans to sell their first-choice right-back



Hector Bellerin leads Barcelona's summer shortlist as the Spanish champions seek defensive replacements for Dani Alves and Javier Mascherano.

Goal understands that both Alves and Mascherano have agreed to join Juventus and the Serie A champions are now in talks over a fee for the Argentine, while the Brazilian would join on a free transfer.

Barcelona are keen admirers of Bellerin and have asked his coach at La Masia, Francesc Garcia Pimienta, to contact the right-back about a potential move to Camp Nou.



But Arsenal have no plans to sell the 21-year-old, while the player is also happy to remain in north London.

Elsewhere, a verbal agreement is already in place between Barcelona and Marquinhos but the Spanish champions could now miss out on the 22-year-old as Paris Saint-Germain want to keep the Brazilian as a centre-back.

Barcelona have also had a €4 million (£3m) bid for Mauricio Lemos rejected by Las Palmas.

The 20-year-old centre-back, who has been permanently signed from Rubin Kazan for €2m (£1.5m) after an impressive loan spell, has a €30m (£22.8m) release clause.




"That Barcelona are talking about me fills me with pride," said the Uruguayan.

"It's been two years since I started at Defensor [my first club].

"The coach told me when I arrived that I was for the future and, later, that he didn't imagine I would adapt so fast. To play against Barcelona and Real Madrid, who I watched on television, was incredible."

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »